Before applying online:
- Check the eligibility criteria!
- Check the language and the admission requirements of the requested host universities;
- Consider contacting the department where you would like to study: this way you will obtain more information on their study opportunities and formalities;
- Know that for exchange students the online application form is valid for application at both home and host institution;
- Remember that the online application forms of all Target Group 1 students will be screened and validated by the International Relations Office (IRO) or the contactperson of their university.
- Bear in mind that all full degree seeking students, i.e. those who intend to obtain a diploma at the host university of their choice, will have to apply both online to the Lotus consortium for a scholarship, and then - if they are selected - also follow the standard individual application procedure at their host university.
There is a difference between going on mobility as an exchange or a degree student. For more information concerning the differences between Exchange and Degree Students we refer to the General Guidelines for applicants. Here below you can find the difference between the 2:
An exchange student is a student (officially registered in a university or other institution for higher education abroad) who temporarily lives in a foreign country and attends courses or is involved in other academic activities. Exchange students need the approval of their home and host university.
The exchange student does NOT get a diploma from the host university. However, the results of your exams or research period abroad are recognized afterwards by your home university. The exchange period lasts minimum 1 semester and maximum 1 academic year. The exchange student does NOT get a diploma from the host university. However, all academic results will be sent to his/her home university. Tuition fee is paid to the home university. This academic recognition is crucial for exchanges.
Important documents hereby are:
- the Learning Agreement
- the Transcript of Records
An international degree student applies and enrols as a regular student on the basis of a diploma obtained abroad. Important hereby is to check the admission requirements of the host university. A degree student registers at the university abroad and is no longer a student from the university at home. He or she will obtain a diploma from the university abroad. Students applying to a foreign university will need to comply with the local admission requirements. The Lotus project funds the tuition fees for these students up to a maximum of 3000 €.
Important documents are:
- Language certificates
As a degree applicant you always have the opportunity to go for a double degree or a joint degree. More information is to be found in the link here below.